Hungry? Try this recipe for homemade chicken club sandwiches.
I don’t buy deli meat for the most part. It is loaded with sodium and other unmentionables. PLUS, it is pricey.
My boys brown bag it every day. They love a wholesome, homemade chicken sandwich. These are easy to make and so, so, so much tastier than that wet, shimmery, rainbow-y looking deli-meat.
This is the fourth recipe idea in my “Five Recipes from Lovely Roasted Chicken Breasts.”
Sparkle On, Friends.
Here Is What You’ll Need:
- Salt and Pep
- Sourdough Bread (Option: Toasted)
- Romaine Lettuce washed and patted dry
- Thinly sliced tomato- If tomatoes are not in season, buy “Capri” Tomatoes. They are about the size of a golf ball and taste deliciously in-season twelve months of the year
- Bacon- See below for my suggested cooking method
- Homemade Mayo-See Below for the recipe (Out of a jar is perfectly fine)
Here Is What To Do:
Toast the bread and shmear some mayo on it. One one side, layer your lettuce, then tomato, then a tad of salt and pep then bacon then chicken then a bit more tomato and a tad more lettuce and more bacon, of course. Top with the remaining bread, slice and serve up.
Line a half sheet pan with foil, lay the bacon strips (1 pound) side by side but not touching. Cook in a preheated oven (400) for 12-18 minutes- (watch it carefully, so it does not burn) Drain on paper towels. Save bacon fat in a mason jar in the fridge for later use.
Mayonnaise is easy to make and so much fresher and healthier than that you find in aisle 4. Here is one of my favorite chefs, The Pioneer Woman, ‘s recipe.
SPARKLE ON, Friends!