Sunday February 14 is Valentines Day everybody. Don’t forget!
Having worked in the floral business for so many years, I am well aware of the hype as well as the escalated price of roses on or around February 14. Escalated is a very nice word choice. Ridiculous fits better.
If you forgo flowers, maybe you will reach for the red heart shaped box filled with ho hum chocolates. Don’t!
I have a better idea. How about if you show someone that you love them with a home made and delicious gift that could not be more simple?
Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
I dare you to find someone who would turn their nose up to one of these babies. The are happy, cheerful little morsels of delightful fun. Promise.
And these are super-duper easy to make, too. Here is how.
What you need:
Find the freshest prettiest berries that your store carries. Look for ones which are evenly sized and ripe (sometimes the fruit is white right under the foliage- you don’t want those because once dipped, only the white will be visible.)
Go to the baking aisle and pick up a container of dipping chocolate (any brand will do.)
What to do:
- Rinse your berries under cold water and gently and thoroughly pat them dry with a paper towel or clean cloth.
- Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, cover a half sheet pan with either wax or parchment paper.
- Dip each berry into the chocolate and it place on the pan.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to deliver them.
- (Deliver them in a decorated re-purposed egg carton, in a pretty box or on a plate)
Happy Valentines Day!
What is the only fruit that has its seeds on the outside? (Guess.)
What did one stawberry say to the other strawberry?
If you weren’t so sweet we wouldn’t be in this jam!
Sparkle on, Friends!